To maximise TECA's planned sales growth by identifying, researching and qualifying new association conference leads.
- Undertake desk research into new and potential business on behalf of the Sales Team using TECA’s in house database along with other data sources such as news articles, publications and ICCA database to provide qualified sales leads
- Call potential clients to arrange client meetings and introductions with the TECA sales team
- Manage the TECA’s future sales pipeline, adding opportunity events and attainable business to be targeted
- With the sales team, work in conjunction with TECA partners such as VisitAberdeenshire, Visit Scotland, local Universities and research institutes to identify key academics and ambassadors to take conferences bids forward
- Support the sales team with maintaining strong working relationships with existing and new clients to bring new business to Aberdeen
- Assist with the organisation of familiarisation trips and site inspections hosted by TECA, researching potential association clients to view the facilities, and the destination as a whole, providing them with a better insight into what the venue and city can offer
- To update and maintain a database of appropriate ambassadors who will be influential in our efforts to bid for new business
- Input client data, correspondence and new business into EBMS – TECA’s event management system – and CRM systems for effective management of all events
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Must be PC literate in Word, Excel, Outlook and have a working knowledge of using database programs such as Access or similar
- Knowledge and understanding of the industry an advantage
- A self-starter, capable of working on their own initiative but also a great team player
- Strong organisational skills, presentation skills and attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Tact, discretion and respect for confidentiality
- Pleasant and confident telephone manner
- A confident, personable person who will enhance and be part of the team at TECA
- Strong interpersonal communication and organisational skills
- Previous experience in a research role desired
6-12 months temporary
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to:
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there parking available at TECA?
Yes, there is parking available onsite at TECA.
Parking charges will apply.
- How can I purchase tickets for a concert at TECA?
Tickets are available from our ticketing agent Ticketmaster on www.ticketmaster.co.uk or by calling 08444 77 9000.
TECA do not sell tickets directly.
- What time is the Box Office open?
Our box office at TECA will be open on concert days only. This will be open from 17:30 on the date of the show only and closes once the main act comes on stage.
If you have any ticketing or box office queries contact [email protected]
- Will I be able to purchase food at TECA?
There is a wide range of food and beverage options available to purchase for concerts and events, including catering outlets offering a variety of hot food options.
Please note - it is against venue policy to allow patrons to bring in their own food and drink to the venue.
- Are there cash machines available at TECA?
There will be no cash machines on site, however contactless payments are welcome.
- Do you have a cloakroom during concerts?
We do not have cloakroom or storage facilities at TECA for concerts and shows.
- Can I bring my camera to a concert?
Compact cameras and camera phones are permitted at concerts unless otherwise stated. Any camera which has a removable lens is not permitted within the venue. This is a stipulation of the acts and their promoters, due to copyright issues.
Photographers must contact TECA (who will pass the request on to the relevant promoter) to request a press pass which, if granted, will allow access with a professional camera.
- How do I get to TECA from outside Aberdeen?
Getting into Aberdeen has never been easier with the completion of the new Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route.
TECA is located close to Aberdeen airport, six miles northwest of the city centre you can reach the venue using a range of transport options.
For more details see our Visiting page.
- Where can I stay while visiting TECA/Aberdeen?
Here at TECA we have 3 onsite hotels with a total of 350 rooms available to the public.
4 Star Hilton, A loft and another hotel to be confirmed. There are also over 11 hotels within a 5 minute drive from TECA available for use.
Bookings for these hotels are not open yet - don't worry, we will let you know when you can book!
- How do I purchase accessible seating for a show at TECA?
All the tickets for our Special Access Platform are sold via our ticket agent Ticketmaster.
In order to purchase tickets for this, please call 0800 988 4440 then be put through to an operator who can assist.
Further information on accessibility at the Venue can be found on our Accessibility page.