Head Kitchen Porter
Manage a key area within the kitchen and help maintain an exceptional standard of cleanliness
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Daily management of all food stock deliveries
- Overall responsibility to ensure all washing and cleaning duties are carried out within the kitchens
- Work closely with kitchen team and front of House team to ensure both, have adequate clean cutlery, crockery and all necessary equipment
- Responsible for completion of all Cleaning Schedules as evidence of Due Diligence
- To ensure the dishwashers are kept clean and notify Head Chef/Exec Chef of any breakdown or need for repair
- Responsible for the stock control and internal ordering of all necessary cleaning chemicals/products within required timescale
- Responsible for the training of other kitchen porters with regard to hazardous equipment and chemicals
- Responsible for all laundry associated with the kitchen, oven clothes, chef’s whites and kitchen porter uniforms
- Responsible for cleanliness and storage of all crockery and cutlery
- To ensure all duties carried out are done so whilst complying with Health and Safety and COSHH Regulations
- Any other reasonable duties required and in the best interests of the TECA
- Assist Chefs in the prompt storage of all deliveries
- Follow Companies Sustainability procedures with regard to separation and Disposal of Waste
- Assist chefs where appropriate with basic food prep
- Ensure all deliveries are checked, stored immediately on arrival to comply with EHO guidelines and prevent cross contamination
- Manage stock rotation (FIFO)
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonable be expected within the scope of the position.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Confidence and energy, with a proactive nature and the ability to take the initiative
- The ability to operate unsupervised
- Flexible and reliable with the ability to work as part of a team but also using their own initiative
- Ability to stay calm under
- Good organisational skills
- Experience in a high pressure and volume kitchen and will need to have an up to date basic health and hygiene certificate
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to:
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there parking available at TECA?
Yes, there is parking available onsite at TECA.
Parking charges will apply.
- How can I purchase tickets for a concert at TECA?
Tickets are available from our ticketing agent Ticketmaster on www.ticketmaster.co.uk or by calling 08444 77 9000.
TECA do not sell tickets directly.
- What time is the Box Office open?
Our box office at TECA will be open on concert days only. This will be open from 17:30 on the date of the show only and closes once the main act comes on stage.
If you have any ticketing or box office queries contact [email protected]
- Will I be able to purchase food at TECA?
There is a wide range of food and beverage options available to purchase for concerts and events, including catering outlets offering a variety of hot food options.
Please note - it is against venue policy to allow patrons to bring in their own food and drink to the venue.
- Are there cash machines available at TECA?
There will be no cash machines on site, however contactless payments are welcome.
- Do you have a cloakroom during concerts?
We do not have cloakroom or storage facilities at TECA for concerts and shows.
- Can I bring my camera to a concert?
Compact cameras and camera phones are permitted at concerts unless otherwise stated. Any camera which has a removable lens is not permitted within the venue. This is a stipulation of the acts and their promoters, due to copyright issues.
Photographers must contact TECA (who will pass the request on to the relevant promoter) to request a press pass which, if granted, will allow access with a professional camera.
- How do I get to TECA from outside Aberdeen?
Getting into Aberdeen has never been easier with the completion of the new Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route.
TECA is located close to Aberdeen airport, six miles northwest of the city centre you can reach the venue using a range of transport options.
For more details see our Visiting page.
- Where can I stay while visiting TECA/Aberdeen?
Here at TECA we have 3 onsite hotels with a total of 350 rooms available to the public.
4 Star Hilton, A loft and another hotel to be confirmed. There are also over 11 hotels within a 5 minute drive from TECA available for use.
Bookings for these hotels are not open yet - don't worry, we will let you know when you can book!
- How do I purchase accessible seating for a show at TECA?
All the tickets for our Special Access Platform are sold via our ticket agent Ticketmaster.
In order to purchase tickets for this, please call 0800 988 4440 then be put through to an operator who can assist.
Further information on accessibility at the Venue can be found on our Accessibility page.