Food & Beverage Supervisor
Liaise with Event Co-ordinators and F&B manager to ensure an understanding of the client's expectations, staff levels and event times.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Liaise with Event Co-ordinators and F&B Manager to ensure an understanding of the client’s expectations, staff levels, and event times
- Ensure clients’ experience is memorable and that all aspects of catering delivery are in accordance with our and their expectations
- Proactive consideration of catering business levels, with timely set up of rooms, halls and suites to ensure successful delivery of overall event set up
- Responsible for briefing and motivating all casual workers in accordance with TECA policy/ conduct for staff in order to aid their understanding of the role expected of them
- Responsible for delivery of basic training on room set ups, food delivery and beverage service
- Liaise with F&B Manager to ensure staffing levels are in accordance with daily requirements
- Responsible for handling cash (Z of tills) and ensuring procedures of cash reconciliation are correct
- Responsible for ensuring staff work within TECA HSE practices and the HASAW Act 1974 as well as ensuring that staff work to ISO 20121 Sustainability procedures that TECA have set
- Ensure that all staff are working within the Food Hygiene regulations and best practice as well as ensuring all beverage staff are correctly trained and working within the licence regulations
- Responsible for the safe use and upkeep of all catering equipment and the reporting of defects and breakdowns
- Assisting the F&B Manager in ensuring that all catering stock levels are sufficient based on business requirements
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Hospitality qualification
- Personal Licence Holder and / or holds certificate in Licensing and Social Responsibility – Scotland or equivalent
- HSE knowledge and understanding
- Food Safety Management knowledge and understanding
- Supervision of staff
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Eye for detail
- Team worker
- Excellent planning / preparation skills
- Supervisory experience within a catering role essential
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to:
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there parking available at TECA?
Yes, there is parking available onsite at TECA.
Parking charges will apply.
- How can I purchase tickets for a concert at TECA?
Tickets are available from our ticketing agent Ticketmaster on www.ticketmaster.co.uk or by calling 08444 77 9000.
TECA do not sell tickets directly.
- What time is the Box Office open?
Our box office at TECA will be open on concert days only. This will be open from 17:30 on the date of the show only and closes once the main act comes on stage.
If you have any ticketing or box office queries contact [email protected]
- Will I be able to purchase food at TECA?
There is a wide range of food and beverage options available to purchase for concerts and events, including catering outlets offering a variety of hot food options.
Please note - it is against venue policy to allow patrons to bring in their own food and drink to the venue.
- Are there cash machines available at TECA?
There will be no cash machines on site, however contactless payments are welcome.
- Do you have a cloakroom during concerts?
We do not have cloakroom or storage facilities at TECA for concerts and shows.
- Can I bring my camera to a concert?
Compact cameras and camera phones are permitted at concerts unless otherwise stated. Any camera which has a removable lens is not permitted within the venue. This is a stipulation of the acts and their promoters, due to copyright issues.
Photographers must contact TECA (who will pass the request on to the relevant promoter) to request a press pass which, if granted, will allow access with a professional camera.
- How do I get to TECA from outside Aberdeen?
Getting into Aberdeen has never been easier with the completion of the new Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route.
TECA is located close to Aberdeen airport, six miles northwest of the city centre you can reach the venue using a range of transport options.
For more details see our Visiting page.
- Where can I stay while visiting TECA/Aberdeen?
Here at TECA we have 3 onsite hotels with a total of 350 rooms available to the public.
4 Star Hilton, A loft and another hotel to be confirmed. There are also over 11 hotels within a 5 minute drive from TECA available for use.
Bookings for these hotels are not open yet - don't worry, we will let you know when you can book!
- How do I purchase accessible seating for a show at TECA?
All the tickets for our Special Access Platform are sold via our ticket agent Ticketmaster.
In order to purchase tickets for this, please call 0800 988 4440 then be put through to an operator who can assist.
Further information on accessibility at the Venue can be found on our Accessibility page.