Project ownership of allocated events; from conception to event delivery and debrief process. Manage and budget accordingly for internal costs and client recharges.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Project Owner of allocated events – manage the event from go live through to invoice and debrief process. This includes taking responsibility for all aspects of the event delivery i.e. staffing, cleaning, catering, AV/IT, Technical, security etc. Creation of a project team by project owner to ensure delivery on time on budget and safely
- Assist other teams with the planning and delivery of other events from an operational aspect. i.e. Sales
- Assist and support operations department with their allocated events as required
- Ensure that procedures are adhered to so additional costs are agreed and signed off by the client for any additional charges not included in the original contract or booking form
- Ensure all events are correctly signed off and ready for Finance to issue invoices
- Ensure that all relevant event paperwork is in place including final plans, POs, correspondence, health and safety risk assessments, insurance documents and any other required paper trail and is filed in EBMS
- Process EBMS for each of your events ensuring all relevant information and scripting is produced to allow detailed brief of all internal business units
- Develop and maintain customer relationships. Meet and greet clients, advise clients of HSE procedures, assist clients and their delegates, monitor the event over the course of the day to ensure we are delivering in all aspects of the event
- Upsell where appropriate services provided by TECA and approved partners such as Exhibition Services, Bespoke Stage sets and light and sound packages for banquets
- Ensure that all signage, health and safety and emergency procedures are in place and communicated to clients for each event
- Ensure cleaning, heating, security and event times are set up and resourced
- Ensure defects in property and equipment and identified and reported
- Ensure customer experience is managed at all levels
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonable be expected within the scope of the position.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- IOSH qualification/Health and Safety/Risk Management (Desirable)
- Minimum of HND in Business, Leisure or Events discipline
- Project Management (Desirable)
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Project planning and management
- Eye for detail
- Team worker and motivator
- Negotiation and persuasion
- HSE knowledge and understanding
- Ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Must have Conference, Exhibition, Live Music or Sporting Event Experience
- Managing budgets and price setting
- Event coordination and management
- Risk management
- Project planning
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to:
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there parking available at TECA?
Yes, there is parking available onsite at TECA.
Parking charges will apply.
- How can I purchase tickets for a concert at TECA?
Tickets are available from our ticketing agent Ticketmaster on www.ticketmaster.co.uk or by calling 08444 77 9000.
TECA do not sell tickets directly.
- What time is the Box Office open?
Our box office at TECA will be open on concert days only. This will be open from 17:30 on the date of the show only and closes once the main act comes on stage.
If you have any ticketing or box office queries contact [email protected]
- Will I be able to purchase food at TECA?
There is a wide range of food and beverage options available to purchase for concerts and events, including catering outlets offering a variety of hot food options.
Please note - it is against venue policy to allow patrons to bring in their own food and drink to the venue.
- Are there cash machines available at TECA?
There will be no cash machines on site, however contactless payments are welcome.
- Do you have a cloakroom during concerts?
We do not have cloakroom or storage facilities at TECA for concerts and shows.
- Can I bring my camera to a concert?
Compact cameras and camera phones are permitted at concerts unless otherwise stated. Any camera which has a removable lens is not permitted within the venue. This is a stipulation of the acts and their promoters, due to copyright issues.
Photographers must contact TECA (who will pass the request on to the relevant promoter) to request a press pass which, if granted, will allow access with a professional camera.
- How do I get to TECA from outside Aberdeen?
Getting into Aberdeen has never been easier with the completion of the new Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route.
TECA is located close to Aberdeen airport, six miles northwest of the city centre you can reach the venue using a range of transport options.
For more details see our Visiting page.
- Where can I stay while visiting TECA/Aberdeen?
Here at TECA we have 3 onsite hotels with a total of 350 rooms available to the public.
4 Star Hilton, A loft and another hotel to be confirmed. There are also over 11 hotels within a 5 minute drive from TECA available for use.
Bookings for these hotels are not open yet - don't worry, we will let you know when you can book!
- How do I purchase accessible seating for a show at TECA?
All the tickets for our Special Access Platform are sold via our ticket agent Ticketmaster.
In order to purchase tickets for this, please call 0800 988 4440 then be put through to an operator who can assist.
Further information on accessibility at the Venue can be found on our Accessibility page.