Business Development Manager - Associations
Secure new national and international conference and association business for the North East of Scotland's brand new events complex, opening this summer.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- To proactively secure new national and international conference and association business, as well as proactive account management of existing clients
- Proactively deliver new business opportunities by identifying prospects in the national and international conference and association market
- Responsible for devising and implementing a Sales Plan to meet agreed targets in these areas
- Assist with the setting of strategy and annual budgets for national and international conference and association market
- Monitoring and analysing the sales targets across the national and international conference and association market and implementing remedial actions
- Identifying and targeting potential customers by phone calls, with a focus on securing meetings to discuss event requirements in more detail
- Work proactively to retain and further develop relationships with a number of key accounts
- Actively promoting the venue, conducting presentations, attending trade shows, client entertaining, networking and site visits
- Ensuring that all sales are accurately contracted and invoiced, liaising with Finance to ensure receipt of payments
- Attending face to face meetings with clients across the UK, travelling at least once per month.
- Awareness of trends and propose ideas to build the range and quality of conference and association events
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements
- Prepare reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information
- Monitor the progress of sales enquiries and chase contracts to conclusion, ensuring that sales procedures are adhered to
- Work collaboratively with PR & Marketing on all market sector campaigns and promotions
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Proactive and energetic approach to sales, target driven
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Good business sense, the ability to be strategic
- Good grasp on financials
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication
- Good planning and organisational skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Detailed understanding of the conference and association and events sector
- Proven experience in sales, proposal writing and delivering high level presentations
- A proven track record of achieving targets and developing business
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to:
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there parking available at TECA?
Yes, there is parking available onsite at TECA.
Parking charges will apply.
- How can I purchase tickets for a concert at TECA?
Tickets are available from our ticketing agent Ticketmaster on www.ticketmaster.co.uk or by calling 08444 77 9000.
TECA do not sell tickets directly.
- What time is the Box Office open?
Our box office at TECA will be open on concert days only. This will be open from 17:30 on the date of the show only and closes once the main act comes on stage.
If you have any ticketing or box office queries contact [email protected]
- Will I be able to purchase food at TECA?
There is a wide range of food and beverage options available to purchase for concerts and events, including catering outlets offering a variety of hot food options.
Please note - it is against venue policy to allow patrons to bring in their own food and drink to the venue.
- Are there cash machines available at TECA?
There will be no cash machines on site, however contactless payments are welcome.
- Do you have a cloakroom during concerts?
We do not have cloakroom or storage facilities at TECA for concerts and shows.
- Can I bring my camera to a concert?
Compact cameras and camera phones are permitted at concerts unless otherwise stated. Any camera which has a removable lens is not permitted within the venue. This is a stipulation of the acts and their promoters, due to copyright issues.
Photographers must contact TECA (who will pass the request on to the relevant promoter) to request a press pass which, if granted, will allow access with a professional camera.
- How do I get to TECA from outside Aberdeen?
Getting into Aberdeen has never been easier with the completion of the new Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route.
TECA is located close to Aberdeen airport, six miles northwest of the city centre you can reach the venue using a range of transport options.
For more details see our Visiting page.
- Where can I stay while visiting TECA/Aberdeen?
Here at TECA we have 3 onsite hotels with a total of 350 rooms available to the public.
4 Star Hilton, A loft and another hotel to be confirmed. There are also over 11 hotels within a 5 minute drive from TECA available for use.
Bookings for these hotels are not open yet - don't worry, we will let you know when you can book!
- How do I purchase accessible seating for a show at TECA?
All the tickets for our Special Access Platform are sold via our ticket agent Ticketmaster.
In order to purchase tickets for this, please call 0800 988 4440 then be put through to an operator who can assist.
Further information on accessibility at the Venue can be found on our Accessibility page.