Ensure delivery of events as per the Venue Management Booking System
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Ensure delivery of events as per the Venue Management Booking System event checklist i.e. room setup and equipment deployment
- Maintain the Audio Visual equipment for TECA
- To be client facing in a conference and small meeting environment, ensuring the seamless integration between the client and TECA equipment
- To deploy Event IT cabling as required
- Advise clients on their AVIT requirements
- To highlight to Managers any additional AVIT equipment required to deliver client needs
- Assist in the compiling of the stock report of all AVIT equipment and ensure it is kept up to date
- Ensure allocated areas are kept clean, organised and tidy at all times
- Assist with the repair and maintenance of the TECA in house equipment. Ensure defects in equipment are identified and reported
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonable be expected within the scope of the position.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of current and emerging AV technologies and be able to detail the support challenges for these technologies
- Must be proficient in supporting and directing the support of current and past AV technologies and/or Microsoft operating systems and associated software
- Use specialist knowledge to recommend, design and deliver solutions to address complex issues and continually improve efficiency, continuity and the AV customer experience
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, motivation, judgement and well developed technical and problem-solving capabilities
- Able to demonstrate effective transfer of skills and knowledge to colleagues
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ideally an IPAF licence to operate MEWPS
- Relevant experience in a similar or related support role
- Operational and technical knowledge of relevant systems
- Sound technical background, including knowledge of currents standards and developments in audio-visual technologies
- Experience of a customer focused service delivery environment
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to:
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there parking available at TECA?
Yes, there is parking available onsite at TECA.
Parking charges will apply.
- How can I purchase tickets for a concert at TECA?
Tickets are available from our ticketing agent Ticketmaster on www.ticketmaster.co.uk or by calling 08444 77 9000.
TECA do not sell tickets directly.
- What time is the Box Office open?
Our box office at TECA will be open on concert days only. This will be open from 17:30 on the date of the show only and closes once the main act comes on stage.
If you have any ticketing or box office queries contact [email protected]
- Will I be able to purchase food at TECA?
There is a wide range of food and beverage options available to purchase for concerts and events, including catering outlets offering a variety of hot food options.
Please note - it is against venue policy to allow patrons to bring in their own food and drink to the venue.
- Are there cash machines available at TECA?
There will be no cash machines on site, however contactless payments are welcome.
- Do you have a cloakroom during concerts?
We do not have cloakroom or storage facilities at TECA for concerts and shows.
- Can I bring my camera to a concert?
Compact cameras and camera phones are permitted at concerts unless otherwise stated. Any camera which has a removable lens is not permitted within the venue. This is a stipulation of the acts and their promoters, due to copyright issues.
Photographers must contact TECA (who will pass the request on to the relevant promoter) to request a press pass which, if granted, will allow access with a professional camera.
- How do I get to TECA from outside Aberdeen?
Getting into Aberdeen has never been easier with the completion of the new Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route.
TECA is located close to Aberdeen airport, six miles northwest of the city centre you can reach the venue using a range of transport options.
For more details see our Visiting page.
- Where can I stay while visiting TECA/Aberdeen?
Here at TECA we have 3 onsite hotels with a total of 350 rooms available to the public.
4 Star Hilton, A loft and another hotel to be confirmed. There are also over 11 hotels within a 5 minute drive from TECA available for use.
Bookings for these hotels are not open yet - don't worry, we will let you know when you can book!
- How do I purchase accessible seating for a show at TECA?
All the tickets for our Special Access Platform are sold via our ticket agent Ticketmaster.
In order to purchase tickets for this, please call 0800 988 4440 then be put through to an operator who can assist.
Further information on accessibility at the Venue can be found on our Accessibility page.