Assistant FM, HSE & Security Manager
Implement key operational objectives around Security, Health & Safety & Facilities Management. Ensure areas of responsibility meet all budgetary & operational targets & remain legislatively compliant.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Assist the FM Manager to ensure that the Hard FM contract provider is maintained through planned preventative and reactive maintenance TECA to a high standard ensuring legal compliance to any required certification
- Support the management of the Cleaning contract provider to ensure that TECA is presented in a clean and hygienic manner which reflects a world class facility
- Working with both Venue and SMG corporate to agree and continually review the security duty state
- Build and maintain key relationships with all emergency services
- Support the waste management contract ensuring that the principals of TECA being the most sustainable venue in the UK are upheld
- Be responsible for traffic management both within loading bays and car parks, extending responsibility to the wider site for large events
- Develop and provide services through agreed service level agreements to other areas of the business e.g. Event management
- Ensure the Health and Safety Policy and Statement are championed within TECA
- Be responsible for driving the Health and Safety culture within TECA and ensure regular meetings take place of the Health and Safety committee, ensuring these are properly chaired and minuted
- Report on Health and Safety to the FM Manager monthly
- Ensure all relevant risk assessment’s are created and reviewed in a timely manor
- Work within prescribed budgets for all areas of responsibility striving for financial efficiency and improvements where possible
- Be an ambassador and advocate of TECA
Where necessary provide additional management support for live events build ups or breakdowns based on workloads and staffing availabilities - this is Ad Hoc
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonable be expected within the scope of the position.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Financial awareness and budgeting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects
- Ability to guide and motivate employees
- Organisational and planning expertise
- Maintenance experience
- Familiarity with building upkeep structural issues, and grounds maintenance
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to:
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there parking available at TECA?
Yes, there is parking available onsite at TECA.
Parking charges will apply.
- How can I purchase tickets for a concert at TECA?
Tickets are available from our ticketing agent Ticketmaster on www.ticketmaster.co.uk or by calling 08444 77 9000.
TECA do not sell tickets directly.
- What time is the Box Office open?
Our box office at TECA will be open on concert days only. This will be open from 17:30 on the date of the show only and closes once the main act comes on stage.
If you have any ticketing or box office queries contact [email protected]
- Will I be able to purchase food at TECA?
There is a wide range of food and beverage options available to purchase for concerts and events, including catering outlets offering a variety of hot food options.
Please note - it is against venue policy to allow patrons to bring in their own food and drink to the venue.
- Are there cash machines available at TECA?
There will be no cash machines on site, however contactless payments are welcome.
- Do you have a cloakroom during concerts?
We do not have cloakroom or storage facilities at TECA for concerts and shows.
- Can I bring my camera to a concert?
Compact cameras and camera phones are permitted at concerts unless otherwise stated. Any camera which has a removable lens is not permitted within the venue. This is a stipulation of the acts and their promoters, due to copyright issues.
Photographers must contact TECA (who will pass the request on to the relevant promoter) to request a press pass which, if granted, will allow access with a professional camera.
- How do I get to TECA from outside Aberdeen?
Getting into Aberdeen has never been easier with the completion of the new Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route.
TECA is located close to Aberdeen airport, six miles northwest of the city centre you can reach the venue using a range of transport options.
For more details see our Visiting page.
- Where can I stay while visiting TECA/Aberdeen?
Here at TECA we have 3 onsite hotels with a total of 350 rooms available to the public.
4 Star Hilton, A loft and another hotel to be confirmed. There are also over 11 hotels within a 5 minute drive from TECA available for use.
Bookings for these hotels are not open yet - don't worry, we will let you know when you can book!
- How do I purchase accessible seating for a show at TECA?
All the tickets for our Special Access Platform are sold via our ticket agent Ticketmaster.
In order to purchase tickets for this, please call 0800 988 4440 then be put through to an operator who can assist.
Further information on accessibility at the Venue can be found on our Accessibility page.