As part of the design we have our own innovative energy centre which uses food and garden waste from around Aberdeen, its then digested in a Anaerobic plant and the resulting hydrogen gas is harvested and used to power the energy centre which supplies Heating, Cooling and Power not only to TECA but also the onsite hotels.
In a changing world where CSR and Environmental issues become ever increasingly prominent, we are delighted that a key objective of Aberdeen City Council when delivering the new TECA facility was to specify that it was built to the highest environmental standards.
TECA is on course to achieve BREEAM excellent which is the highest environmental standard possible and we are proud to be the most sustainable venue of its type in the UK.
TECA Sustainable facts
- A network of over 7km of new footpaths will serve the site, connecting it to surrounding areas
- Over 29,000 trees and shrubs will be planted on-site
- TECA has been designed to be a living environment to attract people and wildlife to the area
- TECA will be powered by Aberdeen's food and garden waste
- 98.8% of all materials have been reused on-site